GPU mining is a cryptocurrency mining method that uses graphics processor units (GPUs) rather than the central processing units (CPUs) that were used in the early days of the blockchain industry. The Radeon HD 5970 GPU-miner, for example, can process 3,200 32-bit instructions per clock.
This reflects an 800-fold improvement in power over a CPU’s four 32-bit instructions per clock. GPU mining is much more effective for conducting the kinds of repetitive computations used for cryptocurrency mining because of its vastly increased computing capability.
- Unlocking Passive Income with DefiQuant’s Automated Trading Bot
- Polyhedra ZK Airdrop: ZK and Eigenlayer Narrative
- Crypto Market Update: A Bull Run in Action
- Empower Your Future: Philippines Traders Fair 2024 Welcomes You to Forge Expertise
- WhiteBIT Participates in the “Sports Tomorrow Congress,” Organized by the Barcelona Innovation Hub